Making Democracy Work


Who and What is on the ballot in the next election? How to register to vote? ...and more


When is the next election? What will be on my ballot? Where do I vote?

Go to to find this information and more.

Are you registered to vote? Do you want to change your address, your name? Do you need to vote absentee?

Get information at your respective Board of Election.


On August 28, 2016 the Missouri Legislature passed House Bill 1631 amending the Voter ID requirements in the state of Missouri, and subsequently passed a constitutional amendment Joint Resolution HJR53 Amendment 6 on November 8, 2016. Currently the Secretary of State's office has issued guidelines for voter id's for the upcoming August and November 2017 elections.

You can find that information below or click here

If you're a registered voter, you can vote!

Missouri's photo ID requirement for voting starts June 1, 2017. That means in any election after that date, you will be asked to show a photo ID before you vote. If you voted in the last election, you can vote!

Here's how you can ShowIt2Vote:

Show a government-issued photo ID.

Driver License + Non-driver license + Passport + Military ID Sign the provided statement and show one of the following. Voter Registration Card + ID from a Missouri university, college, vocational or technical school + Utility Bill + Bank Statement + Government Check + Paycheck + Other Government document showing your name and address Vote a provisional ballot. There are two ways your vote counts.

If your signature matches the signature in the voter registry, your vote counts.

If you come back to your polling place and show a photo ID, your vote counts.

After June 1, 2017, if you want a photo ID to vote and don't have one, the Missouri Secretary of State's office will help you obtain one (1) non-driver license for free. We can help you obtain the documents you need at no cost to you.

You may need a copy of your certified birth certificate, certified marriage license, certified divorce decree, certified adoption papers or amended birth certificate, a court order that changed your name, a social security card that reflects your name, or naturalization papers that prove citizenship.

If you do not have a photo ID to vote, but already possess the necessary documents to obtain a non-driver license and want one (1) to vote, please visit your local license office and request a non-driver license for voting purposes. Go to to find the nearest license office.

To obtain a non-driver license from the Missouri Department of Revenue, you will need to provide the following:

Proof of Name, Date of Birth, Place of Birth U.S. Birth Certificate OR U.S. Passport OR U.S. Certificate of Citizenship, Naturalization or Birth Abroad OR a photocopy of a certified U.S. Birth Certificate accompanied by a U.S. Military Identification Card OR U.S. Military Discharge Papers Social Security Number (verbally or by presenting card) Proof of Missouri Residential Address Utility Bill + Paycheck + Government Check + Mortgage Document + Voter Identification Card + Property Tax Receipt + Housing Rental Contract + Bank Statement The Secretary of State's office has developed a memorandum regarding the Voter ID law, concluding that the provisions of Article VIII, Section 11 and Section 115.427. RSMo will allow for optional ways of voting beyond the 2017 and 2018 elections.